Monday, February 9, 2015

EDM 310 C4T Post #1

My first teacher that I left comments for was Kathleen Morris on her blog Primary Tech. This blog is outdated by the way as the last post was on January 25th, 2014. The first post I commented on was her post about the creative commons license, Creative Commons Infographic. This post had an infographic about the creative commons license that she found on Twitter. The post started with her talking about the problems with people not knowing enough about, or at all, the rules with posting stuff off the internet and the creative commons license. She then told her readers where she got the infographic from and posted it. At the end she posted a link to a website for more information. My comment on her post was mostly about how this post was helpful as an aspiring teacher, and it further covered what we had talked about in class. I also talked about how I really liked the infographic because it was not just a bunch of typed up information, but a visual display that was much cleaner and easier to interpret than the alternative would have been.

The second post, There's Blogging and There's Blogging..., I commented on was about the importance of making a blog for students constructive and giving them direction and purpose with it, rather than setting them loose. The post went into detail on what a constructive blog was, for a student. She talked about how she really liked the idea of having student blog. Her post talks about her own experiences with implementing blogs in her classes and some of the mistakes she fixed. My comment then went on to talk about how I liked how well structured the post was. Also, I really enjoyed the post because ,even though this class is teaching us how to blog, we have not really learned how to orient the blog for students yet.
This picture was pulled from Pinterest.com
This picture was pulled from Pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment